Author Topic: Done!! Not Proud  (Read 90 times)

Sirentoys

Done!! Not Proud
« on: June 03, 2018, 11:40:35 AM »
Did you ever have a model that kicks your butt?  This was one.  Started a frw years ago when the Mototmax INterceptor came out.  I picked up one in Canada and thought it would be a simple spray and decal.

Well the paint never went well and refuses to gloss even with a clear coat.  Decals are a mix of older Chimneyville and In Quarters.  I put it aside and in my vow to finish or toss projects I jumped back on it.

It is done and that is all I can say.

RichK

• Administrator
Re: Done!! Not Proud
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 05:47:15 AM »
I have that problem on occasion. I usually set it aside and work on something else. When I do go back to it, its after I try something new. That is how I found the paints I use. Its also how I found out how not to do lots of things. The model looks good. White is always a chore, because you are wanting it to be nice and brilliant and shine like the factory stuff. Good job Jeff.

Sirentoys

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 04:28:56 PM »
Rich,

Thanks.

Yes experimentation is fun.  I have found if I try to push through a model it almost always ends up worse.  One of my goals now is to hit the box(es) of unfinished models and either finish them or can them altogether.  Some have been off the bench for so long that they just are not up to snuff.  But modleing is always better than working.

Jeff

Troy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 09:12:41 PM »
I feel your pain.  Remember the plastic model Crown Vic kits from Lindberg?  I threw away one or two of those after paint misfortunes.  It happens to the best of us but it's still fun.  ;)

unmarkedcarr

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 06:10:56 PM »
It looks great from my neighborhood!  I do feel your pain.  Been there, done that, could sell t-shirts!